Have you ever gazed out the window in your favorite chair and noticed streaks? Have you ever looked out the kitchen window and seen a web of spiders and insects covering your screens? Windows can be difficult to keep clean. Here are some tips on how to keep them clean.
Keep your inside windows clean longer:
- Clean around your window sills. Use the brush tool on the vacuum. Vacuum the window trimming and sills to remove dust, insects, and spiderwebs. If you have blinds, vacuum them both closed and open to collect any dust that may be trapped in between them.
- To clean glass, do not use paper towels. Many individuals swear by cleaning their windows with paper towels and a window cleaner. This is not a good approach to clean your windows. It is not true that less fiber is left after cleaning with paper. The ideal technique to clean your windows is with a soft towel, cloth, or sponge.
- Use the right cleaning solution. Using the correct cleaning solution may make a significant difference in keeping your windows clean.
- Use a squeegee. Instead of spraying on a glass cleaner and rubbing it over the surface to remove stains, use a double-step technique to clean your windows. Instead of spraying a glass cleaner on and pushing it around to remove the dirt, use a two-step technique to clean your windows. Use a cloth to apply and wash your cleaning solution, then a squeegee to remove it.
Keep your outside windows clean longer:
- Dust and pollen become caught between your screens and your windows, and when it rains, they get washed onto your windows. As a result, it’s best to get your screens cleaned at the same time as your windows. You may also remove and store your screens till spring if you don’t open your windows during the winter months.
- I’m sure you didn’t think your barbeque could contribute to filthy windows, but it can! Not only will splatters from food, grease, and oil get on your windows if your barbeque is too close, but so will escaping smoke, leaving a sticky film behind.
- Don’t water your windows! When your sprinklers continuously wet your windows, mineral deposits build up and stain the glass, eventually etching it.
- Because shrub generates pollen, pollen can gather on your windows, causing them to become dirty prematurely. As a result, it’s essential to keep your trees and bushes cut back and away from your home.
Dirty windows are the one thing that prevents your home from appearing and feeling clean. Clean windows are the thing that will help make your house look clean. For more information on window cleaning, repair, or replacement, contact us at 1-800-833-9831.